To receive a plenary indulgence for yourself or a departed loved one, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
1. Make a sacramental Confession within 20 days before or after the day the indulgence is sought.
2. Receive Holy Communion (also within 20 days before or after).
3. Pray for the intentions of the Holy Father (and say the Creed and Our Father).
4. Have complete detachment from all sin, even venial sin. In other words, a complete rejection of the desire to commit any sin whatsoever.
5. Complete the specific prayers or works declared by the Church for the reception of the indulgence as follows:
a. Visit the parish church of Our Lady of Fatima in Lakewood in the form of a pilgrimage.
b. While there, devoutly take part in some sacred function or pious practice in honor of the Our Lady of Fatima, such as the Rosary at 6:30 p.m. in the church each Thursday or 1st Saturday devotions, or:
c. If there is not a devotion going on at the time you’re here, at least for a suitable period of time, offer humble prayers to God through the intercession of Mary for the conversion of sinners, for vocations to the priesthood and the religious life, and in defense of the institution of the human family, ending with the Lord’s Prayer, the Apostles’ Creed, and an invocation to the Blessed Virgin Mary of Fatima. (from the Apostolic Penitentiary in Rome)